1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
The Lennon Sisters. (I was only four, and they were playing at "Freedomland," a now-defunct amusement park in NY.)
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I have lots, but generally anyone who sings stuff that makes me laugh.
3. What's your favorite song?
If I had to pick one, it'd be "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh," for all the times it has made me smile.
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
I already play keyboards, guitar, ukulele, harmonica, and a little banjo; I'd like to play them better. I'd also like to play woodwinds, brass instruments, and bowed strings (the violin and its family).
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Ethel Merman. She was loud, and I've been called "loud" (as in "You can hear her concert in the dealer's room").