1. What's your favorite cheese? Anything but the stuff with the really big holes (emmenthaler, jarlsberg), the sharper the better.
2. How long do you hold onto odd socks before giving up on finding their mate? I no longer allow unmated socks into my sock drawer. I instituted that rule in 1999, but every once in a while Warren violates that rule (grrr....).
3. Who was your favorite musical artist when you were 15? Allan Sherman or Tom Lehrer.
4. What shape are your fingernails in right now? Nicely trimmed (did so yesterday).
5. Two scoops: of what? My first instinct is to say, "of raisins in a package of Kellogg's Raisin Bran," but I detest raisins. When I get ice cream I vary the flavors anyway, but the only fruits I'll tolerate in ice cream are apples, peaches, and maybe the occasional mango or lychee.
6. What's your earliest memory? Being walked in front of our house on my first birthday. Dad was filming it and claimed, to his dying day, that I "couldn't" have remember it, but you can only see two hands holding me. What you can't see are who the two hands belong to -- my two grandmothers, flanking me on each side. I remember feeling like my arms were going to come out of my sockets and feeling embarassed that I had to be outside in a frigging diaper while they got to wear clothes.
7. When does your pet look funniest? When I give her a pig's ear. She rears like a horse. She attacks it. She pounces it. She throws it around. She sounds like the Tasmanian Devil character from the Warner Brothers' cartoons.
8. What do you collect? Some books, comedic and rare records, filk and novelty CDs, cooking gadgets.
9. What's better than sex? True love, real affection, $50 million tax-free, and good health.
10. What things are you brand-loyal to? Apple computers, Levi's/Dockers, diet Coke products (although I also like DDP), Almay anti-perspirant, Dial liquid soap, Charmin toilet paper, Viva paper towels.
11. Favorite Dr. Seuss book? Either "Go, Dog, Go!" (I liked all the colorful dogs) or "Fox in Socks"
12. Best meal you've had lately? Tonight's dinner -- salmon baked with horseradish mustard and dill sauce, gemelli pasta with a homemade "intense tomato sauce" (it had regular tomato puree, sun-dried tomato tapenade, garlic powder, dried oregano, fresh basil, and fresh-crushed piquin peppers).
13. Peanut Butter and ________? My logic says fill the blank with "jelly," but I've always detested the combination. I prefer my peanut butter plain and unadulterated 98% of the time, although sometimes I'll mix honey in if I want to knock myself out.
14. Who's your favorite poet? Dorothy Parker
15. Where are you going on vacation this year? Vacation? What's that? I'll barely have enough time for Westercon and Worldcon.
16. If you could change careers tomorrow with no strings attached, what would you be? A full-time news anchor or host of my own TV show.
17. Whaddya drive? A white 1992 Honda Accord EX (it has anti-lock brakes) sedan.
18. What's your poison? Anything of good quality.
19. The color of the carpet or the kind of floor in the room you are sitting in right now? White with stains (sigh).
20. What's on your walls? Paint. One of these days I'll get around to putting up shelving and artwork.