The Wish List meme.
* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Jenny/Giles icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is to make sure that these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real-world things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use -- or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free -- do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf and to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not -- it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Brain surgery for Warren. I really wish someone would fenestrate his arachnoid cyst so he could have a normal life and mine could get off hold.
2. A real wedding. First, of course, Warren has to propose.... ;-)
3. A full-time broadcasting gig with at least some on-air work that pays enough for me to live on.
4. An exercise partner (or two...or three...) local to me. (I belong to 24 Hour Fitness, in case anyone is interested.)
5. A play partner or two (or three) for Lady. She needs to socialize more.
6. The ability to hit a few more out-of-area cons (I'm having to cut down due to the career shift and decrease in income).
7. To get my CD done and out, already. (I may need some help with that in the form of guest musicians, hint hint....)
8. After he recovers from the brain surgery in #1, a job for Warren.
9. A cure for food allergies.
10. GOod health.