Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter and Myzithra Cheese
- One spaghetti squash
- 1/2 stick butter (4 T)
- Around 4 oz Myzithra cheese
- White pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Scoop out seeds (you can roast them later). Place cut-side down on a microwave-save dish and "nuke" on high for 14 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, put the 1/2 stick of butter in a large saucepan on high. Melt until brown, then remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- While squash is cooking and butter is browning, finely grate the Myzithra cheese.
- When the squash has finished micro-steaming, use a fork to lift the strands out into a bowl.
- Transfer the strands all at once into the saucepan with the cooled, browned butter. Toss to coat.
- Add the grated Myzithra cheese and toss to evenly coat/distribute. Note that the cheese is not supposed to melt.
- Add a few shakes of nutmeg and white pepper to taste.