What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list and post it to your journal. Let the world see what calms you down!
- Working in radio. There's something about the focus needed to be "on" when I'm on air that just soothes my nerves. It's also nice having money coming in.
- Finding bargains in stores. When I get a really good buy on something I actually use, it's always a stress reliever.
- Dance Dance Revolution. There's something about dancing and scoring points that just floats my boat.
- Aqua aerobics. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do this in ages due to my schedule.
- Sewing. Actually, it's not so much the process, but having the final creation In Hand that does it for me.
- Writing music. When I can create it, it feels great.
- Doing stand-up comedy. So far I've only done a little, but I seem to have a knack for it. When I'm on, I'm on. It's definitely something I want to pursue.
- Writing in my Livejournal. It's a way for me to vent.
- Reading -- when I can. Sometimes my eyes blur so I can't. This is big-time annoying, as reading is one of my "guilty pleasures."
- Researching stuff, whether on the Internet or elsewhere. I used to do this when I was a kid by going to the local library and looking up stuff in the periodical on microfilm. Now that there's the World Wide Web, I can indulge in this pleasure from home. Sometimes I even get to do it as part of my work.
- Cuddling my dog. She's adorable. There's something really cool about a creature that demands my attention and affection. Being wanted by someone is always nice.