- An advocate for homeless rights is fighting a legal battle for the right to give the Nazi salute at meetings of the Santa Cruz City Council.
- A Tennessee Man arrested in East Palo Alto has pleaded not guilty to charges of reckless driving while evading a police officer and resisting arrest. When a CHP officer asked him why he led officers on the chase, the man replied, "I had important things to do."
- Lawyers for the handyman accused of killing three Yosemite tourists are asking the judge for a change of venue. Cary Stayner's attorneys say the jury pool may have been biased by the selection process. Neither side mentioned the confession a reporter then-based in Santa Clara County got out of Stayner shortly after the murder.
- You don't have to be buff to go in the buff. Lupin Naturists Center is having an open house.
- Members of California's state Assembly and Senate continue to draw salaries while debating the state's two-week-overdue budget.
Only in Northern California
My boss called a 9:30 meeting this morning (on his day off!) to tell me that due to cost-cutting, my job is being moved to Romania. Effective…
We're having a "2018 Lenovo Idol" contest at work. The winners get flown to China to participate in their 2018 Spring Festival. This is my entry.
Jordin coded yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. From what I can gather, he'd had heart valve replacement surgery and never woke up from it. This was a…