- An advocate for homeless rights is fighting a legal battle for the right to give the Nazi salute at meetings of the Santa Cruz City Council.
- A Tennessee Man arrested in East Palo Alto has pleaded not guilty to charges of reckless driving while evading a police officer and resisting arrest. When a CHP officer asked him why he led officers on the chase, the man replied, "I had important things to do."
- Lawyers for the handyman accused of killing three Yosemite tourists are asking the judge for a change of venue. Cary Stayner's attorneys say the jury pool may have been biased by the selection process. Neither side mentioned the confession a reporter then-based in Santa Clara County got out of Stayner shortly after the murder.
- You don't have to be buff to go in the buff. Lupin Naturists Center is having an open house.
- Members of California's state Assembly and Senate continue to draw salaries while debating the state's two-week-overdue budget.
Only in Northern California
It's Sugar-Free! It's Gluten-Free! It's Kosher! It's Vegetarian! Better yet, it comes together in less than five minutes! Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free…
I was watching the so-called "Food Network Live" event this morning, only to find out that it wasn't "live" but had been pre-taped the day before.…
The newest culinary "fad" seems to be microwaved cupcakes -- as in microwaving a cake in a mug. I was craving something warm and chocolatey this…