My TV turned on to "Sara's Secrets" on the Food Network. She was making a meal that was supposed to be for "both vegetarians and carnivores." One of the items she made was two versions of a savory strada. When she went to plate it, she first stuck her spatula in the sausage-laden strada, then, without cleaning the spatula, stuck it into the vegetarian strada.
I blurted out "Oh my gawd!" so loudly I awoke Warren, who was sound asleep two rooms down with the door closed.
For those of you who aren't chefs, if you're feeding a vegetarian, that's like dipping your spatula in poison before serving your guests.