Nine things I'm afraid of:
2. Being incapacitated.
3. Turning into a vegetable.
4. Losing people I care about.
5. Losing my job.
6. Losing my home.
7. Having my life threatened.
8. Losing my civil liberties.
9. Having a right-wing asshole in the White House get his way.
Nine things that make me laugh:
1. Warren's "phone calls."
2. My various friends senses of humor.
3. Allan Sherman.
4. Well-done song parodies.
5. Old Warner Bros. & MGM theatrical cartoons.
6. My dog.
7. Well-done physical or intellectual comedy.
8. Good puns.
9. Bizarre stuff going on in reality.
Nine things that make me cry:
1. The death of someone I loved or cared about.
2. Being directly insulted for no good reason.
3. Hearing about people getting badly and irrevocably screwed in real life.
5. Open windows (allergies).
6. Not having my needs met.
7. Being excluded.
8. Intractable pain.
9. Cruelty to animals.
Nine things I don't understand:
1. People who decide they know enough about me to dislike me when I don't feel I have enough data on them to make a decision.
2. People who think not dealing with something will make it go away.
3. Polyamory. (I accept it, but I don't grok it. I tried it and it didn't work for me.)
4. Japanese (even though I've been editing it for the last few days).
5. Why teachers get paid less than football players.
6. Why so many folks find spectator sports (football, baseball, et al) thrilling or fun.
7. How some folks in powerful places think screwing California and high-tech is good for the economy.
8. My crappy immune system.
9. Why morality differs so much from region to region.
Nine things in the room I'm in now:
1. My PowerBook.
2. My laptop unit from work.
3. My bed.
4. My piggy bank I've had since I was four years old.
5. A half-finished glass of raspberry iced tea.
6. A table for my laptop unit.
7. A bookshelf holding childhood photos, books, software, a DVD fixer, and a battery-operted Bichon Frise (the real one is on the bed at my feet).
8. A CD-ROM burner.
9. A folding table that's temporarily holding up the PowerBook and CD-ROM burner.
Nine facts about me:
1. I hate feeling left out.
2. Refusing to communicate with me drives me ballistic.
3. I can accept anyone who is willing to accept me.
4. I like to laugh.
5. I have the best boyfriend in the universe.
6. I have a knack for making computers work when nobody else can.
7. I like any animal whose dinner isn't cuter than it is.
8. I often feel left out.
9. I am often misunderstood or misinterpreted.
Nine things I'd like to do before I die:
1. See Europe, Africa, South and Central America, mainland Asia, the Phillipines, Indonesia, and Guam.
2. Travel in outer space.
3. Drive around the USA and Canada, eventually seeing all 50 states and all of Canada's provinces.
4. See the middle east -- preferably in peacetime.
5. See a total solar eclipse
6. Make a living as a performer (part time doesn't count).
7. Become known for my music.
8. Learn to play the violin and some woodwinds.
9. Get my weight down in a healthy fashion.
Nine Music Groups/Musicians I Like:
1. Allan Sherman
2. Tom Lehrer
3. Dr. Jane Robinson/Cynthia McQuillin
4. Christine Lavin
5. Throwing Toasters
6. Henry Phillips
7. John Valby
8. Martin Mull
9. Bob Rivers
Nine Movies I Love:
1. The Producers
2. Monty Python's Life of Brian
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. A Night at the Opera
5. A Day at the Races
6. The Wizard of Oz
8. Singing in the Rain