1. WHAT WAS THE FIRST RECORD YOU OWNED?
The first record ever bought for me (as opposed to the kiddie records that came with my record player) were two 45s: "And I Love Her/If I Fell" by the Beatles, and "The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis.
2.IS THERE A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU MOST OF YOUR CHILDHOOD?
There are quite a few. "Puff the Magic Dragon," "Lemon Tree," and "If I Had a Hammer" by Peter, Paul, and Mary, "She Loves You" by the Beatles, "Banana Boat Song (Day-Oh!)" by Harry Belafonte, "Don't Let The Rain Come Down" by the Serendipity Singers, "Windy" by The Association," "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra, and "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" by Allan Sherman.
3. IF YOU COULD SPEND A NIGHT WITH FIVE MUSICAL ARTISTS - THREE FOR THEIR MINDS AND TWO FOR THEIR BODIES - WHO WOULD THEY BE?
Bodies? Eeeuw. I want to talk business and music with them. Given that, I'd go for Barry Manilow, Sheryl Crow, Bette Midler, Dolly Parton, and Neil Sedaka.
4. IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT SONG/BAND WOULD PLAY OVER THE FOLLOWING:
A modified version of "Vinnie's Always Looking Good" by Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks (with the "V" changed to an "L" and the gender bent)
"She's Come Undone" by the Guess Who
DRIVING SCENE THAT CONSISTS MAINLY OF FLASHBACKS AND LOVE LOST
"Everything I Own" by Bread
"Fame" by Irene Cara
ANY OTHER SCENES? (rename if applicable)
Sitting in the pediatrician's office: muzaked versions of "Windmills of Your Mind" and "Red Roses for a Blue Lady"
Major relationship gone sour: "Sunshine" by Jonathan Edwards
Sitting in Dad's dental chair: "I Feel Good (I've Got You)" by James Brown, anything funky he could bump and grind to while he worked on my teeth
High School: "Precious and Few" by Climax, "Eres Tu," "Una Paloma Blanca," "Get Down Tonight" by K. C. and the Sunshine Band
5. IF APPLICABLE, NAME A SONG OR CONCERT THAT MOVED YOU TO TEARS
"As If They Know" by Eric Bogle.
6. WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY?
7. NAME ONE MUSICAL ARTIST YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE BANISHED.
Eminem. His "music" IMHO sucks, and he treats his mother like garbage.
8. NAME A SONG YOU WOULD RATHER NEVER HEAR AGAIN
"Shattered" by the Rolling Stones (or anything from their "Some Girls" album)
9. NAME AN ALBUM THAT IS PERFECT ALL THE WAY THROUGH - NO FILLER, NO BAD STUFF
Any of Tom Lehrer's albums, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel, "I'm Every Man I've Ever Loved" by Martin Mull, "My Son, the Celebrity" by Allan Sherman
10. MUSIC YOU LIKE THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED A GUILTY PLEASURE
Some of Barry Manilow's stuff.
11. IF YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION WAS ABOUT TO GO UP IN FLAMES, WHICH FIVE CD'S WOULD YOU SAVE?
CDs???!? I'd save the vinyl that's out of print or hasn't been re-released on CD.
12. IS THERE A SONG THAT DESCRIBES YOU OR A SITUATION YOU'VE BEEN IN SO WELL THAT YOU COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT?
There are songs I wish I'd written, but none that quite fit me.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDTRACK?
I don't have one.
14. BEST MUSIC-RELATED MOVIE?
"Singing in the Rain."
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ALL-TIME VIDEO?
"Freedom of Choice" by Fat Boy Slim (featuring Christopher Walken doing a kick-ass dance number)
16. CURRENT FAVORITE RADIO HIT?
Don't have one.
17. DO YOU SING OR PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
I sing, and I play guitar, keyboards, bodhran, ukulele, and 24-karat gold-plated kazoo.