- I went to the gynecologist. Turns out I had to redo my pap smear. My blood stool test came out negative, a fitting way to go to my next errand....
- I went to the dentist. Dad was a dentist; he died of colon cancer 13 years ago this month. The dentist I saw today was surprised to come across a patient who was more comfortable with the TV blaring the annoying soap opera off. I wanted to know what he was doing, and I detest soap operas anyway. He was gentle with my teeth, and they are now cleaned. He says I have a couple of cavities in my back teeth. When I know I have dental insurance I'll get them taken care of.
- I went to Ralph's Smokehouse. Turns out they're only open till noon 12/31, so it was good I went. I got some shoulder bacon (like regular, only leaner), chicken-herb sausage, smoked salmon, smoked albacore, and lamb curry sausage. Yum -- and free.
- I picked up dimakoi and we went shopping. I didn't find a coat that worked. She got money back from her Macy's gift certificate.
- I helped her set up her Mac. This required lifting; it took both of us to move the monitor. Now if only she can find her modem....
- I faxed the info for my new health insurance. Hopefully they'll call me to tell me they got it okay.
- I made an appointment for 1/31 with the eye doctor (they don't see patients Mondays).
My boss called a 9:30 meeting this morning (on his day off!) to tell me that due to cost-cutting, my job is being moved to Romania. Effective…
We're having a "2018 Lenovo Idol" contest at work. The winners get flown to China to participate in their 2018 Spring Festival. This is my entry.
Jordin coded yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. From what I can gather, he'd had heart valve replacement surgery and never woke up from it. This was a…