1) First teacher's name: Mrs. Weinstein and Mrs. Clark at Sun 'n' Fun Nursery School (they both taught the 3-year-olds, where I was put because they didn't have a class for 2-year-olds).
2) Last words you said: "I love you, Lady doggie."
3) Last song you sang: vocal exercises
4) Last person you hugged: Warren.
5) Last thing you laughed at: something Warren said.
6) Last time you said 'I love you': a few seconds ago.
7) Last time you cried: Vince Lopopolo's funeral on Monday.
8) What's in your CD player: Nothing at the moment. The main one is still not fully hooked up to the speakers, and Warren has the portable one out of my reach.
9) What color socks are you wearing: None at the moment.
10) What's under your bed: slats for the sewing room closet floor, ethernet cables, whatever Lady stuck under there.
11) What time did you wake up today: 7:30 (way too early).
12) Current taste: craving breakfast/brunch.
13) Current hair: blonde, looks like shredded wheat at the bottom and needs a trim or something.
14) Current clothes: my nightshirt (I'm still in bed), underwear.
15) Current annoyance: lack of money.
16) Current longing: enough money to pay off my bills, more time for me.
17) Current desktop picture: none.
18) Current worry: That the stock market will dip so far I won't be able to pay my bills.
19) Current hate: Bills and taxes.
20) Story behind your LJ username: I interned at NJ Public TV in the mid-70s as a high school senior. The crew largely consisted of Vietnam vets who were fond of using the acronym "FIGMO" to describe the attitude of all us interns who were about to graduate. The acronym itself comes from the Army and is used to describe the attitude of a soldier who is about to get out because there's not a lot that can be done to them. When said soldier is told to do something unpleasant, such as clean the latrine with a toothbrush, they reply, "F*** it, I've Got My (discharge) Orders!"
21) Current favorite article of clothing: I don't really have one, as I'm disgusted with what I look like.
22) Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex: Nice eyes and a nice smile.
23) Last CD that you bought: "Box of Fairies" by the_gwenzilliad.
24) Favorite place to be: With good company.
25) Least favorite place: New Jersey or Nebraska.
26) Time you wake up in the morning: It varies, but usually not till 10am.
27) If you could play an instrument, what would it be: I already play several, and badly. Of the ones I don't play, I wish I could play either the violin or woodwinds.
28) Favorite color: I have two: ice blue and burgundy.
29) Do you believe in an afterlife: Not really.
30) How tall are you: 5'2" (and yes, my eyes are blue).
31) Current favorite word/saying: This'll all be funny ten years from now.
32) Favorite book: I don't have one. What I feel like reading depends upon my mood.
33) Favourite season: Summer.
34) One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: Nanny (my paternal grandmother) or Grandmom (maternal grandmother).
35) Favorite day: Christmas Eve, 1994. It held two landmarks:
- It was the first time I was getting paid to do news and not just report traffic.
- It was the day I met Warren (he was my engineer).
36) Where do you want to go: Everywhere.
37) What is your career going to be like: Hell if I know! I'm not part of Dionne Warwicke's Psychic Network!
38) How many kids do you want: First get Warren to marry me, and then let me see if kids are still possible. Then, I'll take as many as I can get (which may only be one or two -- if I'm lucky).
39) What kind of car will you have: I have a '92 Honda Accord EX that meets my needs. I don't like the current cars coming out because their interiors all look like office furniture -- they only come in beige, grey, and occasionally black.
40) Type a line you remember from any book: "It was a dark and stormy night...."
41) A random lyric: "They never met, not even briefly/You know what you thought, you thought that they might/What was the problem? The problem was chiefly/He worked the day shift and she worked the night."
42) Identify some things surrounding your computer: Right now, the dog to my right, a CDRW, and a few bottles of pills (this is the laptop unit).
43) What's Up: The sky, the sun, the moon, the stars....