The Seven Deadly Sins
1. Who did you last get angry with? The shmuck from the agency that hasn't paid me for work done in January. He says he can't afford to pay us, yet he can afford to go away on vacation. Yeah, right.
2. What is your weapon of choice? My voice.
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? Only in self-defense.
4. How about of the same sex? See above.
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? Warren, but not so angry as to be fatal to the relationship.
6. What is your pet peeve? Bad writing by people who should know better.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? I can "let go" something not done out of malice, but if done with knowledge that their actions will hurt me, I see no reason to forgive.
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time? Practice my music.
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up? Define "late."
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't: The headhunter who called while I was at aqua aerobics last night (I'll do that after I get my morning coffee and first meal in, probably after I'm done typing this).
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? I don't make lame excuses; I make good ones. :-)
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones...)? Yes. I was bored.
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in? Last night.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? I didn't set it today, as I don't need to be anywhere outside my house till 2pm.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? Tapioca pearl tea.
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat? Red meat? White or dark. I can't digest steak (sigh).
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event? Several cups of "Saurian Brandy" (vodka with maple syrup added -- a "Star Trek" drink I had back in my early college days). It was mostly vodka, and I got pretty sick from it. To this day I avoid drinks from "Star Trek."
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? Yes.
5. Do you have an issue with your weight? Yes. There's too much of it. I'm trying to do something about it.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods? Spicy!
7. Have you ever looked at a small housepet or child and thought, "LUNCH!"? Eeeeuw.
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)? I have no idea.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family? Dunno. I once went to a nudist resort for the day (for bay area locals, it was Kiva).
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? Glancing more than staring, really. I don't want to get caught staring at the crotch of someone I'm not interested in.
4. Have you "done it"? Hint: I used to be married.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? The head. Lots of good stuff there -- eyes, brain, ears, nose, mouth, teeth (smile), chin, cheeks, hair (I hope!)...
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? No, but once when I was at SFO some guys thought I was a prostitute and started shoving $100 bills in my general direction -- all because my then-husband insisted I wear something uncomfortably skimpy when I met him at the gate.
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? Yes. A now-former boyfriend had unprotected sex with a slut.
1. How many credit cards do you own? Only one, and it's dead.
2. What's your guilty pleasure store? Sharper Image.
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it? Pay off my debts, then help friends in need.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous? Rich. Fame doesn't pay the bills. Trust me on this. I was doing traffic on the bay area's #1 radio station and I was still collecting unemployment.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? In a heartbeat. If I made megabucks I could get a better job when I'd earned enough cash.
6. Have you ever stolen anything? Only from my brother, who has stolen far more things from me.
7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive? I don't understand how this is "greed," as the ones I have are pretty much of stuff by friends or stuff I already own.
1. What one thing have you done that you're most proud of? I bought a house with no help from my mother.
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of? With Dad, I think it was when I got married (he and Mom wouldn't take down the wedding photos even after the divorce; I had to do it!). With Mom, she never seems "proud" of me.
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life? Make a positive impact in a lot of people's lives.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? Depends. When I came in 2nd in the CIPA competition when I wasn't expected to win anything (and beat out much more advanced students from my school) and was even given malfunctioning equipment (just to make sure I didn't win), I was proud.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors? Yes. Trivial Pursuit with my mother and brother.
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? A couple of times in elementary school, and given the nature of my cheating, I don't feel guilty. In one case the teacher made me stand out in the hall during part of the lecture and forgot about me for several hours, so I didn't feel guilty cheating on a test in which I was denied access to the information. Another time a classmate intentionally gave me misinformation, causing me to blow a spelling test, so the next time I was out sick when the words were given, I had the chance to peek at someone's spelling word list during the test and took it. Given that the teacher insisted I get the list from the same person who screwed me over the first time, I felt perfectly okay doing this.
7. What did you do today that you're proud of? Decided which health plan to sign up for.
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own? Warren's eyes. Mmmm.... ;-)
2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with? Nobody. The problem with that show is the interior decorators often override the perfectly good judgement of the friends with horrid judgement.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? Gloria Estefan. Yes, she's been through some major hardship, but she's got her life soooo together.
4. Have you ever been cheated on? Yes. Several times (different men).
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? Yes. A narrower bridge on my nose, and a more symmetrical face.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? Good self-esteem.
7. Do you wish you'd come up with this survey? No.
X. Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin? Probably gluttony.
The Seven Heavenly Virtues
1. What religion do you follow? Reform Judaism.
2. What religion were you raised as? Reform Jewish.
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property? Both.
4. Do you believe in magic? Sometimes.
5. What was the last promise you broke? I promised to pay a bill, then got layed off from my job an hour later.
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it? If it's not a prayer from my religion, sure!
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect? No.
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season? Yes.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Good health for Warren, Lady, and me, and financial stability.
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure? Yes.
(There was no 4.)
5. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Yes.
6. Do you gamble? Rarely.
7. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway? Yes, and somewhere there's black and white video footage of it. It was the annual Sun Microsystems April Fool's Day prank; the engineers and I bug-tented a building ourselves when Orkin wouldn't because "the high winds would make it too dangerous."
1. What causes do you support? Anything that involves improving the lives of others without discriminating.
2. What causes have you given money or time to? Interfilk, various cancer and AIDS charities, Second Harvest, the Salvation Army, UNICEF, Girl Scouts, assorted community groups, and Muscular Dystrophy Association of America.
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless? No. I've given money. I have a hard time with serving food I wouldn't want to eat.
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another type? Not really.
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street? Not unless they're offering a service.
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like food and rent? Yes. Ironically, I wouldn't be in the bind I'm in now if I hadn't.
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need? I'd rather not say, as I consider that kind of thing personal.
1. What are you most afraid of? Death.
2. What did you do today that was really brave? Nothing.
3. Who is your favorite superhero, and why? I don't have one.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone? Possibly.
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart? Brains.
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright? Yes. I try to use the energy from it to make my performance better. Not having stage fright IMHO is more frightening.
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower? A little more leader than follower.
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty? Yes. It was fun.
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would find some way out of it? I'd find a way out. Fortunately, I'm most likely 4F anyway.
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)? It depends upon the crime and the nature of the crime.
4. Which should be guaranteed legal, prostitution or marijuana? Marijuana, which IMHO should never have been made illegal in the first place.
5. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA? No.
6. What was your favorite media circus trial? The OJ one was a lot funnier than Watergate and boosted a lot more careers.
7. Have you ever written a letter to a politician? Yes. I've danced with my boyfriend's Congressional representative, but that's another story.
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on? Really good food, if I'm really hungry.
2. Do you collect anything? Yes.
3. Are you addicted to anything? Caffeine. At one point I weaned myself off it and then decided life was better with caffeinated beverages in it.
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan? Yes. I bought my first Mac that way.
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things? Debit Visa or debit MasterCard. There's no bill, but it leaves a paper trail.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do. Be blackmailed into getting married.
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things? Sure. Sometimes folks pay me to do it.
1. Who is the wisest person you know? Hmmm...maybe Dr. Jane.
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil? Yes.
3. Do you take advice when it's given? Depends on the advice.
4. What area are you wisest in? Tech writing.
5. Do you drive defensively? Yes.
6. Have you ever had unprotected sex outside of marriage? Yes, with a partner who supposedly was faithful.
7. What did you learn today? Kaiser is now trying to blame Warren's problems on his spine.
X. And of course, what is your favorite heavenly virtue? I'd say Prudence, Justice, or Charity.